Sunday 5 September 2010

How about making every weekend post about an old song or band?
The thing is, I have a weak spot for catchy tunes from the sixties. And the seventies. And the eighties. The nineties... not so much. Relieved? Yeah, me too. 

First song: This must be the place (Naive melody) by Talking Heads. Hop in the DeLorean and let's go back to 1983. (Man, I really need to stop making lame references...)



The song has been covered to exhaustion (Arcade Fire, Miles Fisher, MGMT) and with good reason. 
I don’t know why I like it so much, maybe it's the repeating bass/guitarline or the lyrics. Or maybe just because it's a really different kind of love song - if those even exists. 
Anyway, this is a song I think everyone should know and at least appreciate (Read: should know and love).

No comments:

Post a Comment