Sunday 26 December 2010

When I was about twelve years old we had this green week at school and we had to sing a song of Louis Neefs (not this one but Laat Ons Een Bloem) and I hated it. I really did. But over the years I’ve come to appreciate Dutch music and found that I really like his voice.

In ’69 he competed in the Eurovision contest (and placed 7th in case you were wondering) with this song:



I know most of you won’t understand a thing of what he’s singing, but think about it: People who don’t speak English, don’t understand 90% of the lyrics of the songs they love. That’s a 100% minus the lalala’s and mhmhmh’s. Anyway, doesn’t mean you can’t like this song.

I post this song today because yesterday thirty years ago, on Christmas day, Louis Neefs died in a car crash and took a little piece of Belgian music history with him.

P.S.: look what I did today. I got this old radio to work as an amplifier for my record player. I win. :)

IMG_1939-pola

No comments:

Post a Comment