Sunday 19 September 2010

When I say Dirty Dancing, you either roll your eyes, have a laughing fit or start ranting about “what a horrible 80’s chickflick” it is.  What your reaction should be is: “That movie has one hell of a soundtrack!”.
Really, it’s great. And no, I’m no talking about the theme song, but the great sixties songs they used in most of the dancing scenes.

Stay - Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs ‘64



Do You Love Me? – The Contours ‘62



Big Girls Don’t Cry – The Four Seasons ‘62



Wipeout – Surfaris ‘62



Love Is Strange – Mickey & Sylvia ’57 (Almost all sixties ;))



Love Man – Otis Redding ‘69



Hey! Baby – Bruce Channel ‘62



Cry To Me – Solomon Burke ‘62


Okay so maybe I’ve gone just a bit overboard with the youtube videos, but I was trying to prove a point and – If I may say so myself – I did pretty damn good job! 

Now tell me. How many of you are going to re-watch Dirty Dancing tonight? Me too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment