Wednesday 29 September 2010

I fell in love. Yet again. My ears seem to be over sensitive to beauty. (So are my eyes but that’s a different story) 
Let me warn you: don’t listen if you’re an easy crier, because you’re bound to cry.


Gabby Young performs with her 8-piece band Other Animals just a little bit over a year now, showing that some people just have it. They don’t need years and years to learn how to play together; they just sit down and do their thing.

To me it sounds like they took a rhythm form Beirut, a lyric form Sufjan Stevens, the voice of Florence(+ The Machine), a chorus from Mumford & Sons and the soul from Alela Diane and melted it all together to something gorgeous. Breathtaking. Stunning. Tear-jerking. Impressive.

Does anyone need another adjective?

No comments:

Post a Comment