Thursday 26 August 2010

Pukkelpop 2010: 3 days, 8 stages, 198 acts, 62500 visitors or simply heaven.

Words can’t tell you how much I’d love to be surrounded by sticky and sunburned people again, to be lifted up in the air between enthusiastic bodies every time they decide to jump to a song without having to do any effort, or to be crushed by a bunch of hysterical British lads wearing bizarre African pants.
Or, less complicated, I loved it. I want more.

What did I love?

1) The xx – Marquee

Pukkelpop 2010 © Rien Geypen
© Rien Geypen
What a set. You've got Oliver Sim to blaim for my fangirlyness. His voice, the way he moves - look at me sounding like a cheesy popsong. Listen

2) Foals – Marquee

Foals
© Koen Keppens
HELL YES. Most songs on the setlist came from TLF and they sounded even better live. Listen

3) Yeasayer – Club

Yeasayer
© Koen Keppens

“I don’t think we’ve ever played an encore at a festival..” Who cares Anand? We loved every second of it. Listen

4) Miike Snow – Club

Miike Snow
© Isabel Pousset

I only knew one song, but they won me and the entire Club audience over. Maybe a bigger tent nextime Pukkelpop? Listen

5) Caribou – Chateau

Caribou
© 2010 Carlo Verfaille

Simply amazing. Listen

Also: Chase & Status (Dance Hall), Diplo (Boiler), Nosaj Thing (Chateau), White Lies (Main), Joker & Mc Nomad (Chateau)

What did I hate?
1) 3OH!3 – My god. Too bad there wasn’t anything else to see so early in the day (they opened the main stage).

2) OK go – Again, they were supposed to kick start the day on main stage. I guess everybody was still half asleep.

3) Queens Of The Stone Age – I’m not a fan but decided to go see them because they were headlining and the talk of the day. For fans this must have been an excellent concert since they played most of their hits and Josh Homme seemed to be in a great mood, but I didn’t see/feel the magic.

4) 2manyDJ’s – Nothing new under the sun, seen/heard it all before. (En om het plat te zeggen: heeft er nen keer ne draai aan eh Dewaele!)

No comments:

Post a Comment